Athlete Code Of Conduct
- I am an ambassador of Badminton BC and shall maintain high standards of moral and ethical conduct, which includes self-control and responsible behavior and consideration for other’s physical and emotional well being.
- I will treat others with respect and expect to be treated with respect in return.
- I must uphold the standards of Fair Play and exhibit a high level of sportsmanship and team spirit.
- I shall refrain from the use of loud, profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language.
- I shall dress in the appropriate attire at all times, as directed by the Team Manager/Coach, and I will maintain high personal hygiene standards.
- I am required to abide by any curfew set by management/coaching staff and/or host organizing committee.
- If I commit an act, which is considered an offence under the law, I will be dealt with by the appropriate authorities.
- I will settle all debts with Badminton BC.
- I agree that:
- I will not possess or use any illegal drugs, excluding prescribed medical drugs that shall be registered with the appropriate official prior to the event. The use of performance enhancing drugs is strictly banned.
- If under the age of 19, I will not possess or use alcohol or tobacco in any form during the event or at any social activities connected wit the event.
- If 19 and over, I will not supply alcohol to minors, nor will I be under the influence of alcohol while performing official duties as a team member.
- I understand that tobacco smoking for athletes over the age of 19 is strongly discouraged and will only be allowed in designated smoking areas.
- I am accountable for any costs incurred for any willful damage to hotel rooms or other property that I am responsible for.
A breach of any part of this code of conduct is sufficient grounds for me to be withdrawn from an event and to be sent home at my own expense and/or result in the removal from any Financial Assistance Program. I am subject to the disciplinary policies and procedures of Badminton BC as presented by the Association’s Policy and Procedures Manual, which may include being removed from Badminton BC membership and access to all their programs.
I have read and understand the above statements and agree conduct myself in a manner that demonstrates the standards established in the Code of Conduct.
Download the printable version.
Read the Badminton BC Code of Ethics.