External Sport Credits
The External Sport Credentials Program (ESCP) gives students the opportunity to earn graduation credits for approved levels of competition as an athlete, coach and/or official.
High school aged Badminton BC members can receive these External Sport Credits for participating in badminton as a member benefit of Badminton BC.
Students can obtain External Sport Credits in these categories:
- Athlete (Grade 10, 11, 12)
- Coach (Grade 11, 12)
- Official (Grade 10, 11, 12)
The Ministry of Education is responsible for the External Sport Credentials Program. The Sport Credits portion of this program is administered and monitored by the Sport Branch of the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development.
- Students do not have to be in a specific grade to receive that grade’s credit. For example, a Grade 10 student who is competing on a provincial team going to a national championship will receive credit for Athlete 12. Likewise, a Grade 11 student who competed in the BC Games while he/she was in Grade 7 will receive credit for Athlete 10.
- Students who have participated in approved programs before they reach Grade 10 can receive credit for their past participation by obtaining written documentation to verify their participation.
- Once a student has received credit for a particular level within the Athlete, Official, or Coach categories, he or she cannot receive additional credits for duplicate participation.
How to Earn Credits
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us