Badminton BC Membership ($15.00)
Online Individual Member Registration Form
2013-2014 Membership Year: June 1, 2013 - May 31, 2014
Badminton BC is the Provincial Sports Organization (PSO) responsible for promoting and supporting the sport of Badminton in the Province of British Columbia. In partnership with the National Sport Organization (NSO) - Badminton Canada, Badminton BC provides opportunities and programs designed for the badminton enthusiast, competitive player, certified coach, or certified official. These Badminton participants show their continuing support of the Association through annual Badminton BC Membership. Persons participating in any Badminton BC Sanctioned Tournaments, Clinics, or Camps (including players, coaches, and officials); Coaching Courses; and/or Officials Courses are required to possess Badminton BC Membership.
Registered membership with Badminton BC provides individuals with three key opportunities:
- To personally contribute to the general growth and development of the sport of their choice, 'Badminton', both in BC and in their own zone.
- To access written and verbal communication through the Badminton BC office on ''Badminton business'' locally, provincially, nationally and internationally.
- To receive coverage under Badminton BC's Insurance Program in the event that they are injured or that their actions are judged to be negligent and cause injury to another individual or damage to property other than their own.
All members in good standing of Badminton BC shall be entitled to a complete range of benefits and services including:
- If over 16 years of age, voting privileges at the Badminton BC Annual General Meeting;
- A volunteer Board of Directors, volunteer Standing Committees, volunteer Operational Committees, and dedicated full-time and part-time Staff;
- Eligibility to participate in Badminton BC Sanctioned Tournaments, Clinics, and Camps (players, coaches, and officials);
- Eligibility to participate in Badminton BC Coaching Courses and Officials Courses;
- Coverage through Badminton BC's accident and liability insurance program with portability provided for local, regional, and provincial events;
- Dedicated Badminton BC membership identification numbers and membership cards;
- Access to Badminton BC's informational and news website www.badmintonbc.com, Facebook Page, and Twitter account;
- An open line of communication with the Badminton BC office;
- Direct member email, phone, and mail communication;
- All editions of the Badminton BC newsletter, Courtlines;
- Eligibility to access updated Ranking information;
- Access to online membership, tournament, and coaching course registration;
- Access to the External Sport Credits Program;
- Access to the Athlete Assistance Program;
- Eligibility to access available Grant and Scholarship programs;
- Preferential rental of Badminton BC’s portable courts;
- Enhanced sport development and sport tourism across the province in all BC Games Zones;
- Enhanced Media communication and attention;
- Profiling of Badminton BC Members;
- Partnership management with the Government of BC, Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development, Sport and Recreation Branch, Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch, Team BC Programs, viaSport British Columbia, Sport BC, Canadian Sport Institute, PacificSport Centres, BC Games Society, BC Seniors Games Society, Coaches BC, and Badminton Canada;
- Liaison with municipal governments, municipal recreation and facilities departments, Provincial Sports Organizations, Provincial Badminton Organizations, National Badminton Organizations, International Badminton Organizations, Badminton BC Member Clubs, Action Schools BC, PACWEST, BC School Sports, High School Badminton Commission, Canadian Masters Badminton Association, Lower Mainland Badminton Association, Aboriginal Sport, Recreation & Physical Activity Partners Council, BC Sports Hall of Fame, Coaching Association of Canada, Badminton Equipment Manufacturers and Distributors, Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance, Kidsport Canada, Kidsport BC, MoreSports, BC Athlete Voice, SportMed BC, and Visual Reality (Tournament Software).
Badminton BC Membership Development Support Grant
The Membership Development Support Grant (MDSG) has been established to initiate, promote and support activities of individual badminton clubs in strengthening the Society; support membership development growth at clubs and with Badminton BC; reward clubs that are involved with membership in Badminton BC; and act as an incentive for future membership recruitment with Badminton BC.
Learn more about this program by reading the MDSG full description document.
Any inquires regarding the MDSG program or membership can be forwarded to Ken Thiesen firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 604-385-3595.