As part of your Badminton BC membership, you will enjoy insurance coverage valid from September 1 - September 1 each year. More details below!
Sports & Social Activities Endorsement
It is understood and agreed that the insurance provided by this policy with respect to the playing of or taking part in practicing or training for badminton shall apply only to sanctioned events as described below:
- Sanctioned events shall mean all games, competitions or sports demonstrations run by Badminton BC or by member clubs authorized by Badminton BC including related training at sites of events and club premises. Authorization can either be by way of written procedure manual or specific agreement in writing by Badminton BC's authorized executives.
It is further understood and agreed that sanctioned events shall also include social activities consisting of awards banquets only.
Insurance Summary - General Liability Policy EC LSL6030
- Limit: $5,000,000 Each Occurence/Annual Aggregate
- Errors & Omissions Liability (Directors & Officers/Wrongful Acts) Limit: $1,000,000
- Includes Provincial/District/Club Directors
- Insured: The Association & Affiliated Clubs/Teams, Officers, Directors, Coaches, Managers, Officials, members, Volunteers, & Employees
- Additional Insured: Sponsors, Government Departments & Municipalities can be added as additionally insured at no extra cost
- Participant coverage is included in addition to third party exposure
- All appropriate riders included such as: Cross Liability, Non-owned Automobile, Tenants, Legal etc.
- World Wide coverage for legal claims brought forth in Canada
General Liability Policy EC LSL6030 (pdf)
Insurance Summary - Sport Accident Policy EC PA2008
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Limit: $10,000
- Permanent Total Disability Limit: $20,000
- Accident Reimbursement Limit: $10,000
- Costs not insured by Provincial Medical Plan including medical braces, emergency ambulance, excess physiotherapy, prescription drugs for the injury, etc.
- Dental Accident Limit: $5,000
- Fracture Indemnity from $400
- Claim Validation $40
Sport Accident Policy EC PA2008 (pdf)
Sport Accident Schedule of Benefits - Silver (pdf)
Sport Accident Claim Form (pdf)
Certificate of Insurance (pdf)
Description of coverage contained herein is not complete, and reference must be made to the actual terms and conditions of the applicable policy forms.
This is a simplified explanation of the Badminton BC Insurance Program. The insurance company is the final authority in the interpretation of the policies, which are subject to change without notice. If you have any questions, please contact Johnston Meier Insurance Agencies Group at 604-937-3601.