Badminton BC was formed in February 1925 and ultimately organized the play of badminton in the province of British Columbia. Since then, the association has actively worked towards providing leadership and direction for the sport, continuity in the programs and services for its members, and competitive and development opportunities for players, coaches, officials, and volunteers throughout the province. Badminton BC is a registered non-profit society incorporated under the Societies Act of British Columbia. As the provincial sport governing body, Badminton BC is managed by an elected volunteer Board of Directors.
These roles are being offered with flexible working hours at your own remote location. We have a preference for locations within the Lower Mainland due to events and membership coordination.
Leading BC to excellence and British Columbians to be active for life.
Badminton BC will provide clear leadership and assist and support the developmental advancement of the sport. Our leadership will span all developmental levels on a province-wide scale, addressing vital organizational issues including revenue stability, increased participation, and stronger overall awareness of the role of Badminton BC.
Open Communication, Honesty, Integrity, Transparency, Respectfulness, Equitable Interactions.
Develop, promote and deliver Badminton programs within BC.
Events Coordination Manager for Badminton BC
Hiring date: April 15th 2022
Hours: Flexible – goal and tasks oriented
Location: Working from home
Rate: Market rate based on years of experience
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepare and send out the Competition Planning Calendar for the season
- Coordinate with Badminton Canada’s tournament calendar
- Review tournament listings prior to the season with Competition Committee and communicate with the hosting venue
- Prepare MOU and TR and send them out to the various hosts
- Discuss and coordinate with Thushan (Tournament Technical Officer) to set up the TP file
- Promote tournaments on our website, in mass emails and social media
- Manage the website for all sections related to Events
- Monitor the numbers of entries and coordinate with Member Services Manager for any members-related questions
- Look after all the financial aspects of the events – billing, payment, refunds, budget
- Manage the email@example.com inbox
- Coordinate with the Competition Committee Chair to prepare agenda for the Competition Committee
- Prepare Zoom links and all the documents for meetings and send them out accordingly
- Attend Competition Committee meetings and be responsible for writing minutes
- Present and discuss all tournaments and events at the meeting
- Prepare and send out meeting minutes and follow up
Other Events and Projects:
- Manage the tournament PayPal account
- Maintain the filing system for all documents related to Events
- Liaison with Technical Programs Director with organizing courses and events
- Responsible for the coordination of payment and review membership
- Promote events through our website, in mass emails and social media
- Coordinate other projects delegated by the Executive Director
- Coordinate and schedule Board Meetings & AGM-related activities
The duties and responsibilities of an Event Coordinator on planning and managing events of varying sizes and purposes. Coordinators have to understand what it takes to make sure the logistics work out, keep everything within the allocated budget and ensure that the event itself is carried out smoothly. Here are the most essential duties and responsibilities:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and venues
- Planning event details and aspects
- Creating reliable financial reports and collecting payments on time
- Remaining under budget with all costs
- Managing events and addressing potential problems that may arise
- Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
In order to fulfill the aforementioned duties and responsibilities, an Event Coordinator must possess an extensive skill set and qualifications that work together to manage events efficiently. The following are the specific skills and qualifications required for any Event Coordinator to be successful:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Event Coordinators are required to network with a wide variety of entities in the course of their job. Vendors and venues must be established, and an entire staff must be managed in order for an event to function properly.
- Team Management:
- Event Coordinators carry out many tasks on their own, but a major aspect of the job is working with a team. Properly delegating tasks to a team and making sure everyone has what they need to perform their job requires team management and leadership skills.
- Every event comes with a cost, and it is the Event Coordinator’s job to keep those costs within the allocated budget. This will require a degree of financial skill as well as the ability to create accurate reports.
- Everything in an event must be set up in a practical and useful manner. To accomplish this, the Event Coordinator must possess a degree of skill in logistics to properly plan the details and anticipate potential problems that may arise.