Getting Started as a Technical Official
I want to be a badminton umpire/referee in BC – what do I do?
Step 1: Basic Setup
- Get a Badminton BC Officials Membership (CLICK HERE)
- Membership is renewed annually and runs from June 1st – May 31st
Step 2: Obtain Training for “Local Umpire” pathway to get started
- Register for Upcoming Course with BBC (CLICK HERE)
Step 3: Submit the following documentation to BBC (email@example.com) to be placed in your Technical Official Portfolio Folder:
- Headshot Photo
- Criminal Record Check (less than 3 years old)
Step 4: Obtain TO Uniform & Equipment
- Send email request to firstname.lastname@example.org to order from BBC
- Official Polo Shirt / Referee Polo Shirt
- BBC Clip Board, BBC Watch
- Color Cards & Wallet, Coin, Pens, Measuring Tape, Scoresheet
Step 5: Connect with BBC (email@example.com) to get listed and assigned to sanctioned events for experience so you can plan to complete the next development course, Regional Umpire.
Step 6: Maintain a record of your officiating experience in your personal BBC Logbook and submit pdf scan of logbook contents when ready for evaluation or at end of the season, whichever comes first.