Badminton BC is a member based organization where players, coaches, officials, volunteers, supporters and other stakeholders are encouraged to affiliate with a club. Club Membership categories are exclusive to Badminton BC.
Clubs that do affiliate with Badminton BC have or offer one or more of the following:
- recreational and/or competitive organized weekly activities, programs or leagues for youth and adults to participate in
- organized youth lessons, adult lessons and/or high-performance programs
- training for players receiving specific benefits like provincial and national ranking, scholarships, team selection financial support for training and competition expenses, CSIP Targeted Athlete/Coach list, will need to be affiliated with a club
- to rent a local facility, to run their programs, which requires them to submit a Certificate of Insurance of $5,000,000 liability to the facility
All clubs must apply for membership. For those clubs renewing you will get an opportunity to update your information but do not necessarily need to re-apply each year. Dues are invoiced and due annually on June 1st. Please click here Club Application Form.
COMMUNITY CLUB - $180
- listed in our Where to Play section
- able to host Provincial Championships, BC Series events (development, Junior B, U23, Open and Masters)
- apply to have their club tournaments sanctioned, Team BC Trials & Camps, BBC Camps
- host NCCP and Officials education workshops, discounted tournament software license
PREMIER CLUB - $500
- be listed in the Where to Play section of our website
- host National Championships, Provincial Championship, Elite Series, BC Series events (development, Junior A&B, U23, Open and Masters)
- host sanctioned tournaments, NCCP and Officials education workshops, discounted tournament software license, BBC Camps, Awards and AGMs
- receive provincial recognition for national ranking programs, coach accreditation, Team BC trials and Camps
Updated: June 2022.