With the 2021-22 competitive season quickly approaching, it is time to conduct our annual Coach Accreditation Badges exercise. This applies to all coaches that may be coaching, or assisting a head coach, at a Junior A, Junior B, U23 and/or SeniorOpen series and/or provincial championship competitions. Badminton BC Referees and Umpires will be ensuring only those coaches with accreditation badges access the field of play.
Badges will be ordered in late August for September delivery. This requires that the information needed for ordering the badges must be in hand by mid August.. please do not delay in following the process outlined below for this annual exercise. Single badge orders are much more costly than the planned bulk order.
BC Coach Accreditation Badge is:
- recognition of professional standards
- recognition of a commitment to the professionalization of coaching and the Responsible Coaching Movement and Badminton Canada's Safe Sport Initiatives
- a benefit of membership
- and access to the field of play (courts) to coach players
All coaches receiving a BC Coach Accreditation Badge must:
Following approval you will receive a confirmation email confirming your Coach Accreditation status. Accreditation badges will be available for pick up at your designated club or the next scheduled Series Event or mailed to you.
REMINDERS | ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
1. BC Player Eligibility Criteria and Policy for BC Provincial Championships and Canadian National Championships
2. BC Coach Accreditation and Eligibility applies to all coaches wanting access to field of play (courts) in all series events and provincial championships. If you are not certain where you fit in, please complete the form and we will advise you
3. Junior A, Junior B, U23 and Open Rankings and Seeding
4. Badminton Canada General Competitions Regulations (includes Coaching and Uniform policies)
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com