BC Winter Games 2022
The BC Winter are British Columbia’s biennial celebration of sport and community. Since 1978, the BC Games have taken place in 38 communities and involved over 350,000 participants and volunteers and thousands more as spectators and supporters.
The purpose of the BC Games is “To provide an opportunity for the development of athletes, coaches, and officials in preparation for higher levels of competition in a multi-sport event which promotes interest and participation in sport and sporting activities, individual achievement and community development.”
The BC Winter Games are a milestone event that people count as an experience of a lifetime where memories, friendships, spirit, and pride are abundant.
2022 BC Winter Games
The BC Games Society and the Greater Vernon 2022 BC Winter Games Society are pleased to announce new dates for the Games, originally scheduled for this month. The Games, expected to attract up to 1,800 participants in 17 sport competitions, will now be held March 23 to 26, 2023.
In January, organizers decided not to proceed with the 2022 BC Winter Games because of a number of factors including the COVID-19 pandemic and recent flooding and wildfires in many parts of the province.
Staging the BC Winter Games in Greater Vernon during the spring break in March, 2023, instead of the traditional Games dates in February, will help minimize disruption to the local school district as the Games depend on strong partnerships between the sport and education sectors for sport venues and accommodation as well as the local school bus fleet for transportation
- The public registration is closed. The players who signed up will be contacted by zone coaches and the selection trials will be run by zone coaches if necessary. If selected to a zone team, players will be required to pay a registration fee.
- Transportation will be arranged by the Games from several pick-up points in your Zone. Transportation will primarily be in the form of a charter bus (parts of Zones 7 & 8 will be on charter planes). Once finalized, a detailed travel summary will be linked here.
- Draft Schedule including venue info for Badminton
- Roles of Coaching Team Members
- Coach Requirements:
- Head Coach: minimum, NCCP CompIntro Regional Certified AND Provincial Trained
- Assistant Coach: minimum, NCCP CompIntro Regional Certified
- All: BBC Membership (Coach)
- All: Criminal Record Check
- All: SafeSport Training
- Roles of Technical Officials Team Members
- Referee: minimum, BBC Provincial Referee
- Umpire: minimum, BBC Local Umpire
- All: BBC Membership (Official)