Annual Accreditation & Event Eligibility
I want access to the field-of-play at competitive events – what do I do?
Step 1: Become a certified Badminton Coach (as per guidance on “Getting Started” page, by completing the requisite pathway for the event type you desire to access and having an active BBC membership) and obtain the eligibility requirements specific to each event type.
- This applies to all coaches that may be coaching, or assisting a head coach, at a Junior A, Junior B, U23 and/or Senior Open series and/or provincial championship competitions.
Step 2: Apply for your BBC Accreditation & COACH BADGE online <LINK>
- Badges are ordered annually each summer before September, allowing 3 months for coaches to pay membership fees for new season
- Remember to renew accreditation annually to receive updated badge for new seasons if you are a returning coach
BBC Coach Accreditation Badges are an on-court physical sign to officials that a coach is accredited with BBC. They are ordered once per year in August, just after the start of each new season. They are for all coaches that may be coaching, or assisting a head coach, at a Junior A, Junior B, U23 and/or Open series and/or provincial championship competitions. Badminton BC Referees and Umpires will be ensuring only those coaches with accreditation badges access the field of play.
BBC Coach Accreditation Badges are:
- Recognition of professional standards
- Recognition of a commitment to the professionalization of coaching and the Responsible Coaching Movement and Badminton Canada's Safe Sport Initiatives
- A benefit of membership
- Access to the field of play (courts) to coach players