Coach Accreditation & Eligibility
*table above updated September 25th, 2019
BC COACH ACCREDITATION BADGE
This applies to all coaches that may be coaching, or assisting a head coach, at a Junior A, Junior B, U23 and/or SeniorOpen series and/or provincial championship competitions. Badminton BC Referees and Umpires will be ensuring only those coaches with accreditation badges access the field of play.
1. APPLY FOR YOUR BADGE HERE
All coaches receiving a BC Coach Accreditation Badge must:
1. meet the eligibility above for each event
2. hold a current Associate Coach Membership with Badminton BC
3. complete a Criminal Record Check in compliance with the CAC Responsible Coaching Movement, BCAN Safe Sport initiatives every 3 years
4. read, sign and submit a BC Coaches Code of Conduct
2. CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK (CRC) link
Once complete, please save a pdf copy of the CRC and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. BC COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
Click on the link here to download, read, sign and submit to email@example.com.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org a head shot photo (shoulders up).
5. PURCHASE ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
Already a member? Go to this link to renew your membership
New member to Badminton BC? Go to this link and clcik on Sign up
6. MAKE ETHICAL DECISIONS (Online Evaluation) for NCCP Certification
This is completed through the Coaches Association of Canada (CAC). Click here to begin accessing the training. You will need your login and password to The Locker. If you do not know what it is click on the links provided indicating "forget login or forgot password".
7. RESPECT IN SPORT - ACTIVITY LEADER TRAINING
Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders applies to leaders of youth in virtually any activity. Certain examples include Coaches, Trainers, Officials, Camp Counselors, Scout/Girl Guide Leaders, Referees, Leaders of extra-curricular and recreational activities. If you lead youth of any age and in any activity, you are an Activity Leader. To complete this training go here.
Following approval you will receive a confirmation email confirming your Coach Accreditation status.
Accreditation badges will be available for pick up at the next scheduled Series Event or mailed to you.
BC Coach Accreditation Badge is:
• recognition of professional standards
• recognition of a commitment to the professionalization of coaching and the Responsible Coaching Movement and Badminton Canada's Safe Sport Initiatives
• a benefit of membership
• and access to the field of play (courts) to coach players
Allow up to 3 weeks to process your Accreditation Badge from the date of application.
REMINDERS | ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
1. BC Player Eligibility Criteria and Policy for BC Provincial Championships and Canadian National Championships
2. BC Coach Accreditation and Eligibility applies to all coaches wanting access to field of play (courts) in all series events and provincial championships. If you are not certain where you fit in, please complete the form and we will advise you
3. Junior A, Junior B, U23 and Open Rankings and Seeding
4. Badminton Canada General Competitions Regulations
(includes Coaching and Uniform policies)