Pathway Evaluation & Professional Development
When a Coach reaches "TrainED" status within a paritcular pathway, they can request an Evaluation to reach "Certified" status.
Step-by-Step Guide to NCCP Pathway Evaluation:
- Coach: Request Evaluation by emailing BBC (email@example.com)
- BBC will connect you with a qualified evaluator to coordinate an evaluation
- Coach & Evaluator: Complete In-Person Evaluation & Debrief
- Evaluators will advise on pre-evaluation documentation submission requirements
- Accommodations can be found when in-person is not possible/viable
- BBC: Issue the BBC Evaluation Fee Invoice to Coach
- Coach: Pay Evaluation Fee to BBC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Status upon Completion = CERTIFIED
Badminton BC, Badminton Canada and the Coaching Association of Canada recognize the value of having trained and certified NCCP coaches that are engaged in Professional Development programs which reinforce the values of lifelong learning and sharing amongst the coaching community.
For NCCP coaches to maintain their certified status, they are required to obtain Professional Development (PD) points. The number of points depends on the coaching context in which you coach and is indicated in the Locker as well as in the document here.
Badminton BC and Badminton Canada have provided its coaches with a period of 5 years to collect their PD points. This can be done through active coaching and taking NCCP or non-NCCP workshops. The idea is that coaches, like all professionals, are keeping themselves updated and knowledgeable. More information on PD points and available PD non-sport specific activities can be found here.